Job Description for Mill Manager & Operator
Closes July 15, 2023
Location: BRKH Custom Woodworks Ltd., 894 1st Avenue, McBride, BC
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of four years’ experience as a journey-level carpenter.
Experience: 2 years to 5 years as Journeyman Carpenter/Cabinet Maker
- Moulder operating experience an asset
- Knowledge of mathematics
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 35 to 40 hours per week
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour (relative to experience)
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
*Including but not limited to:
- Competent working with woodworking machinery common to a commercial woodworking/millwork shop, and with small hand tools.
- Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently, and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed.
- Replace parts as required.
- Set up, clean, and lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Requisition or order materials, rough lumber from sawmills, equipment, and supplies.
- Operate a forklift.
- Assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Perform job costing.
- Regularly review and adjust product prices by determining the manufacturing overhead.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work both independently, and, in a team environment.
- Supervise, co-ordinate, schedule, and review activities of workers.
- 2-3 people
- Labourers in wood processing and wood processing machine operators
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Oversee safety of operations.
- Report to the BRKH/DCFS Board of Directors every second month as per the DCFS Policy Manual, Sec. 5.7.2.
- Attend BRKH/DCFS membership meetings including Annual General Meetings and other meetings as may be called by the Board.
Work site environment
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Combination of standing for extended periods, with some sitting and walking
- Manual dexterity
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and own a vehicle
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
**Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Dunster Community Forest, PO Box 100, Dunster, BC V0J 1J0